The Timothys

Monday, May 11, 2015

Cade's 3rd Birthday


Motherhood/parenthood has a way of making you feel not human. I find myself juggling between tasks at an alarming rate trying to keep everyone fed, happy, and safe. Mommy's tired? Too bad. Hungry? It will have to wait.  In desperate need to get a shower, brush your teeth, brush your hair....you know how it goes. If one of these three little munch gins needs something, mom's needs/wants wait. Ive never had to put myself last so much in my life. You give until you have nothing let to give and then you give some more. Sometimes they are the most beautiful happy moments of your life and sometimes they are the toughest, in the same day. It stretches your soul and patience.

Having Levi has reminded me to slow down and be present in the moment.  The baby stage is so short.  Its so easy to wish away the hard times but I want to do better at enjoying and making the most of my time with my kids. 

We had Cade's third birthday party and I have to say seeing his happiness at all the pirate stuff and excitement of opening the treasure box and lego pirate ship was one of those happy moments. It makes everything feel so worth it. 





Happy birthday to the cutest pirate there is! :) 








2 comments:

  1. Emily, your post about being the mom is beautiful. It's hard and rewarding - all together. You're great. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, your post about being the mom is beautiful. It's hard and rewarding - all together. You're great. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete