The Timothys

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Happy 2013!!

Boy it sure seems like New Years Eve was a while ago and now I have to actually think about what we did :) Brice worked that day so when we got home we decided to go out to eat to make it a little more special. We had a very nice gift card from one of my previous students to Zupas, so we went there. Cade was grumpy and tired and maybe cold too because I remember it being bitter cold that day. Not as relaxing as one might hope, but we laughed about it and it was all good. Oh life as a parent :)

Getting ready to go
At Zupas
Daddy trying to distract Cade while I eat
Mommy and Cade


One tradition we have on the Rosell side is to dance around the house to an old school song called, "Enjoy Yourself." Not sure when or why it started but we do it every year at my grandmas and its a lot of fun. So of course I had to do that tradition with Cade and get it on video ahah. Im ridiculous sometimes, i know. Then it was bath and bed for the little nino and time for us to relax!! 

Oh I almost forgot..we also did our THIRD annual Life Story page ahah.  Heres Cade's. He's done alot in his short 8 months of life I tell ya. Be born for one. Thats kind of a 

big deal.

 

Then on the back we wrote our favorites for the year and our goals :) It is fun to read the ones from the previous year and remember and laugh about things.  I hope this is a tradition we can keep doing. 




We had eggnog (not eggnog fizzes as they do at my grandma rosell's house. I still hold to the belief that eggnog and cherry 7up are not a good combo ha) and watched the pre-ball dropping show. Not sure if was the official one or not..shows how much I know. I just found it on the internet and it worked :) We stayed up until New Yorks middnight...took a silly picture (Brice's tradition idea which i think is fabulous to take a picture of our family every yr at midnight), each let off one firecracker... 


And had a big smooch of course!! (sensored ah)



Happy New Years!! Im very conservative on my goals this year haha not trying to be too ambitious and set myself up for failure.  My two goal main goals include what I wrote I would give Jesus for Christmas: Continue writing a happy/grateful moment everyday and keep reading my scriptures and track in my calendar. And a few others but those are the two main ones :)

1 comment: