The Timothys

Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas at the Timothy's

Christmas is the best time of the year! I love the lights, the decorations, the smells. I love singing the Christmas songs at church. More than ever I feel so much the spirit of Christmas. I think I have just had more time to think about others.  Im working on a blanket right now to give to a homeless shelter (we will see if I can get it done by Christmas) and we made treats for those that serve us in our ward and passed them out as a family. I've enjoyed thinking of others as we have shopped for our family and thought of other ways as a family we can serve. 

Traditions have been on my mind too since this is our first Christmas by ourselves and hope to make it special.  We have done a 12 days of Christmas scripture chain and we have followed this book for our Family nights that helps us to focus on Christ. Its really fun because each lesson focuses on someone at the Nativity scene and what we can learn from them along with an activity. And then at the end of the lesson you place that person in the nativity. I hope we can continue this tradition because I really like it.  Another thing we are trying this year (we will see how it goes :) is focus our gift giving for each other on three things the wise man gave Jesus: Gold, Frankincense, and Myrrh. Each of our gifts we got fit into each of these categories (we kind of did it our own way and got a few things in each category and then marked it on the package) Gold stands for a gift that is joyful, Frankincense (used in temples) stands for a gift that meaningful, and Myrrh (used for burying the dead) stands for a gift that is needful.  



We got an Elf on the Shelf too and hes out but cant wait until next year when we can but him in different places for Cade to find. :)



Im a dork and wanted to take pictures of all the places we decorated in our house for Christmas haha :)
Love this picture my dad bought me I think two years ago
wall above TV




This is a shelf in our Hobby/office room. Cant really tell but it has different nativities on it. 
Might be my favorite one of all the ones in my collection.


More nativities in Hobby/Office


1 comment:

  1. Been meaning to catch up for a while here...love your place! And it's so clean. :-) Good idea to put things on the wall...I hadn't thought of that and I have been lamenting my lack of shelving/surfaces to arrange Nativities and Christmas decor.

    ReplyDelete