The Timothys

Friday, February 15, 2013

Its Bananas Around Here

I was so proud of myself for getting this done early, doing something hard, it working out and actually looking better than I thought it would! So awesome when that happens. 

So Cade is turning one at the end of April. I have been overly prepared for it. Mostly because Im excited and I think I can maybe pull it off where I am not worrying about anything last minute. 

This is what I did tonight while my husband watched Cade crawl around the house and try to get into everything he tried to do, instead of me. It was very nice. I cant believe I got so much done.

Pin the tail on the monkey...get ready to have some fun folks with this classic game:)hehe I have a feeling Cade may be more interested in eating the tail than sticking it on something.  


Started with making a grid on the small picture I printed off of google images. I figured half an inch square box seemed about right.
Then I measured across my poster board and got 22 inches across. On my small picture paper it made 10 squares so to make 10 squares across a 22 inch paper I would have to make 2 inch squares (with one extra row of squares I cut off). I can do math. It was 9 squares down on the small paper, 2 inch squares on the large, so only 18 inches down. I cut off the extra. 
I just followed my little picture and just focused on the shape in that box in relation to the boxes around it. 
And kept going...

..until it looked right and all parts were there. Then outlined with markers and filled in with crayons. I added a touch of greenery on my own to the left. 
All done!! What a cute little baby monkey! :)

Now this was the worst part and if I had to do it again I would just use brown construction paper. But I had extra poster paper so I decided to use that. I used a plain piece of paper to trace the tail from my poster board. Then traced that has many times as I could on the poster board. It was very tedious. 

Here are all the tails. Still working on coloring. I put a different color dot on each end so when we play we will know whose is whose (in case its close). Im thinking the winner will get a little bag of banana Laffy Taffys from Winco. 

1 comment:

  1. So cute!!! I'm getting excited for Gavin's 1st birthday too!!! I saw your post on fb about changing the background. Looks like you figured it out. I was going to comment and say, "Call me and I'll walk you through it," but I didn't have a voice that day. Another sickness...

    ReplyDelete