The Timothys

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Whipped Sweet Potatoes

I just made these whipped sweet potatoes from Sweet Luvin In The Kitchen, and holy cow..so good!!! Brice went back for seconds. They are not healthy...it has butter and refined sugar and it is kind of more like a treat than a side... but so worth it. After boiling the sweet potatoes I set a little bowl full of some for Cade to eat for dinner...and breakfast...and whenever else he will eat them. He didn't really go for it for dinner but I tried again for breakfast and a few actually got into his mouth. Im going to try again today and see what he does. 

But seriously make these...you wont regret it. Not too much prep...longest was pealing and cutting but cooking and putting together was quicker than I expected (Having a kitchen aid really helps with that). We both added pecans on top at the end and it was a nice touch. 

Served with this salad(here)and left over rolls I had in the freezer.


No comments:

Post a Comment