The Timothys

Saturday, February 23, 2013

3 Breakfast Smoothies

As part of our resolve to be a healthier family, I introduced Brice to a green smoothie. He told me at first he didn't like them but he was willing to try again. Now every morning we look forward to drinking our smoothies together. We both feel so much better!!

Our morning these days consist of one of three shakes from Sweet Luvin In The Kitchen. I do not have a nice blender so we have not ventured in trying to blend whole fruits and veggies yet. Just simple. 



  • Strawberry Green Smoothie (I use 1/2 cup orange juice instead of an orange. I also add some blueberries (or have tried some frozen pineapple too)with the frozen strawberry measurement and flax seed powder...not sure what its called..thats what I call it) Got it at Winco
  • Berry Oatmeal Smoothie (Made it without honey because we didnt have any and I didnt think it was too bad. Not as sweet for sure...but not bad)
  • PB and Oatmeal Smoothie (Have tried with part regular milk/part water and vanilla and its not too bad that way if you dont have almond milk)

The first one is the best for you. Just think...in one meal you get at least 3 servings of fruit, 1-2 serving of Veggies, dairy from the yogurt, and fiber and protein from the Flaxseed. What a great way to start the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment