The Timothys

Friday, March 1, 2013

4 Meals Using WHOLE CHICKEN

One of the best feelings about cooking is when what I cook is efficient! I made this whole chicken recipe from 100daysofwholefood (here) and I figured out I used that same chicken for at least 6 meals. I bought a large whole chicken at Winco for 6 dollars and some change. Not bad!

Meal 1:  Chicken Greek Salad (here)


Meal 2: Chicken Wrap with Sun dried Hummus from Sweet Luvin in the Kitchen (here)





Meal 3: Spinach Salad with Mandarin oranges, almonds, and poppy seed dressing from "Cooking For Two" by Debbie G. Harman

Salad
1 1/2 cups spinach
1 4 oz mandarin oranges
1/4 c water chestnuts
Shredded chicken

Toast 1/4 slivered almonds and 1 tsp sesame seeds in 1 Tb of butter until light brown.

Dressing:
2 Tb vegetable oil
2 Tb lemon juice
1/2 tsp poppy seeds
1 Tb sugar
1/4 tsp salt





Meal 4: Chicken Noodle Soup (here)



I loved too how the chicken and soup were something Cade could eat. One less thing for me to worry about! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment