The Timothys

Saturday, March 9, 2013

30 new things by 30


If you can believe it (Im not sure I can yet or that I am having the guts to write about it)..I will be 30 this year. Thats right the big three zero. I keep telling myself its not a big deal. Because after all age doesn't really matter right? Right. I kind of dont really care that much. But I do want to do something fun and blog about it. So I need some help. 

I want to create a challenge. Starting at some point to be determined until July 22, my birthday... I want to do 30 things Ive never done before. Some categories could include...

art/crafts
new adventure/activity
social
social media
food
new places
random
ect....

Some ideas I have so far are...

  • Start a twitter account and right something on it
  • Call a radio station to try and win something
  • Fun a 5k with my husband and baby
  • Post a Vlog
  • ......
Alright thats all I got...so I need some help. I know that it might be a tough because you may be thinking, well Emily I dont know what you havent done...thats ok. I probably havent. :)

Then I will blog about each thing Ive done and you can see if I did the thing you requested. 

Thats it! Thanks ya'll!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm...Wem...too many fun things to try. Let's see. Try learning some new type of dance (i.e. go swing dancing at Trolley Square with Brice, um...take a fun salsa class at a local...salsa place, haha)(though I know you've salsa danced before); make your own sushi; get a child-backpack carrier thing and some friends and try a new hike somewhere in UT; sing a duet or small group musical number in church; jon the choir?; do water aerobics at a community pool once or something; offer to teach an enrichment class on some kind of craft or fun thing you're good at; write a poem for Brice and one for Cade and then scrapbook them somewhere!; spend one full day finding something to thank EVERYONE for that you meet or come in contact with that day :0) ha (that would be fun to hear reactions!); look up an "at-home" spa remedy thing (make our own mask, eye coolant, whatever) and try it out to relax!; build something out of wood, however small (a picture frame?); one day with Cade turn the music up really loud and dance around the middle of the room singing at the top of your lungs, regardless of what the neighbors might think; Read "that book" that has been on your list for a long time to read that you haven't gotten to yet; date night where you guys pick out clothes for the other from the thrift store that you have to wear that night to eat out at McDonalds or something; make a cool container/secret box out of an old hardbound book that you get from a thrift store; start being a penpal with your sister and write her at least one letter--using coloring crayons!--each month :); etc. etc. So many silly things. You're so fun. Hope you are doing great! Love ya'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is amazing!!! You are awesome and I love your ideas! So fun and creative...just like you!! :)

    ReplyDelete