The Timothys

Monday, March 4, 2013

Spaghetti Pie

I found out another way cool trick that can cut down my prep time in the kitchen and it really worked!! 

I made a big batch of my version of my mom's spaghetti and froze half of it. Im still not sure how long things can be in the freezer but it was in there about a month (Its such a gut kind of thing for me still :) Anyways, I was running low on food, and made Spaghetti Pie with the sauce for dinner one night. 

Its something Ive never tried before..a twist on regular spaghetti. And its basically the same thing but it tastes even better because the flavors really seep into the noodles and the little crunch on the top with the cheddar and parmesan cheese is so good. The trick is using angel hair pastaI honestly liked it better than regular spaghetti.  I loved that I could just whip this up with not too much effort, time, and mess in the kitchen. 


I made a fresh 'weed' salad with cucumbers, sunflower seeds, tomatoes, and olive oil and balsamic dressing. Just simple.  

Spaghetti Sauce
1lb ground beef
1/2 cup onions
2 garlic cloves
28 oz diced tomatoes
15 oz stewed tomatoes
15 oz tomato sauce
garlic powder (I did 2-3 shakes)
onion powder (2-3 shakes)
1 bay leaf
generous pinch of brown sugar

Saute ground beef, onions, and garlic until brown. Drain if needed. Add rest of ingredients and simmer on low for 20-25 minutes. Serve immediately or freeze in air tight container for later. 


Spaghetti Pie
Angel Hair Noodles
Spaghetti Sauce
1/2 cup to 1 cup Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese

Boil noodles and defrost sauce. I did about 1/3 of the box of the noodles and about 2-3 cups of sauce (depends on how you like it). Mix cooked noodles and sauce together and add about 1/2 cup cheddar cheese to mixture. Put into pie dish. Sprinkle with a little more cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese on top. Cook at 350 for about 35-40 minutes.  

It was awesome that Cade could eat it and we all had it for lunch the next day. I sure love when that happens! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment