The Timothys

Monday, March 4, 2013

Pumpkin Muffins

Months ago, when pumpkins were in season, I attempted to make my own pumpkin puree. I was pretty proud of myself. I got a couple of containers out of the process and have kept them in my freezer this whole time. 

Just a few days ago I decided it was time to get rid of those containers and free up some space in my freezer. I put a container in warm water to defrost a bit and started making these amazing whole wheat pumpkin muffins. I added some chocolate chips to half of the batter and boy were they good!

Pumpkin Muffins (here) From 100daysofrealfood


I was out of stuff to make breakfast smoothies the other day so I made this for my husband as he hurried off to work...banana, orange juice in a mason jar with cut straw for on the go, and two pumpkin muffins. YUM! :)



What I like about these muffins is that they are a great breakfast alternative if you are out of ingredients to make smoothies or just needing a change. And I also LOVE that they are a great healthy snack, especially if you are craving something sweet. 


3 comments:

  1. I'll have to try these, Emily! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!! So glad to hear and hope you like them. Thanks for posting! :)

    ReplyDelete