The Timothys

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Day 12: Dont Sweat the Small Stuff



This is how we do baths each night. When will they get too big to do this?? I hope not anytime soon because three boys in a tub is about the cutest thing there is. 

Last night I I got completely lost in a story on instagram. I found this sweet sweet lady 'alidegraff' who lost her fourth child at 22 months. Her writing was so poetic and moving. My heart just broke and I couldnt stop thinking of her. I woke up thinking of this quote I read on Glennon Doyle Melton's FB page 'Love Warrior' and felt like maybe it was something that she might like to read.

 

I sent it to her and I hope it was ok that I did.  I pray I never have to know such heart ache.

Her story and words completely touched me and I woke up with a completely different attitude. You know what, it doesn't matter. All this stuff that seems big really isnt. Im going to love my babies today. Im so happy they are here with me. Im so grateful!!! Im not going to sweat the small stuff because all I really need and want is all here...them. 

We humans are so complicated. If you think about how complicated the heavens are, all the different dimensions of reality, the things scientist have discovered that is out there that we cant see on such a microscope level, its really mind blowing. Im such a nerd I love this kind of stuff.  There are so many people.. scientist, philosophers, astronomers, historians, physicists all trying to put the pieces together. God is so big and so great we are just scratching the surface of what reality really is. I imagine it is the same for us. We are so deep and complicated but simple at the same time just like life and creation. Think of all the studies, research, writing, blogs, philosophies just on human complexities. So much is out there to help us better understand ourselves and still we are just scratching the surface. The same simple but complicated stuff that makes up our universe also makes up the reality of our spiritual selves. No wonder we run around like a bunch of crazies down here haha we are all just learning. We are all just trying to make sense of this stuff we call life. 

Much love, 
Em

I love quotes. They speak such simple truths. It wakes up my soul to something better. Here is one I found today that was just too beautiful not to share. 




No comments:

Post a Comment