The Timothys

Friday, September 9, 2016

Day 2: My Little Dance Partner


Its so rough not getting enough sleep day after day and being sick on top of that. I stumbled out of bed this morning. Brice looks at me and says, rough nice with the boys? I make instant oatmeal for the boys. I bribe Cade if he eats all of his food Ill give him obedience beads. I remind Ry Ry of his promise to eat his breakfasts in the morning. After minutes of no attempts I try to force feed him. That never works for a two year but Im still half sleep so somehow I think its going to work. I now tell him no suckers when we pick up Cade at the bus stop if he doesn't eat his food. The cold oatmeal is still sitting there. The flies have eaten more of it than he has. 

We managed to have a busy and productive morning. Cade to school, short walk to get ourselves going, got Levis medicine at the Pharmacy incase his cold gets worse over the weekend, dropped my broken iphone off at the post office, and then library story time for Ryan's school today. Im exhausted. On top of being sick, lacking sleep, I have terrible cramps. Oh so fun. 

Last night we went on a walk. It was getting dark and some of the intense humidity was gone and it was just us. Ryan in his army pants and gray sweater sitting on Daddy's shoulders, Levi sitting in the double stroller content just looking around, and Cade in his gray comfy pants and bright blue shirt happily walking by me talking about getting treats at the gas station by our house. As we walk Cade says in his own Cade way, Lets dance under the light. I start to twist him and dip him. He takes my hands and swings. It is so adorable I look up to see Brice's face and he's looking at us with a warm smile. My heart feels with so much joy. How can something so simple be so magical? This all went straight to my heart. Im going to remember this one for a long time. 

Much love, 
Em

"You are just as good as anyone else but no better." -unknown 

No comments:

Post a Comment