The Timothys

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Day 15: The Boys Went Hunting



Im loving this writing challenge. Ive written more these last 2 weeks than I have in the last 2 years. Writing small things daily is way more doable in my mind than sitting down and writing a blog documenting a big event or all we did the last month.  I stole the idea from daily vloggers and I think it is something that keeps me more alive in the daily happenings of life. I was kind of questioning myself but I really think you just have to keep doing the things that make you feel like you have life in your veins even if it doesn't make sense!! Create, love, share, whatever your heart wants and needs and I think you are probably going in the right direction. Thats what I think anyways.  

After I posted my favorite things about Levi I remembered a few more things that I didn't want to forget. He is so playful and such a tease. He loves helicopters. We always have helicopters flying around our house and whenever he sees one he always 'kaka'. He also knows where I have my dark chocolate chips in the freezer and begs for them 'kakkakakakak.' I love his little wave. His little wrist turns side and side. He loves to wave goodbye when we goes to bed, to Cade when he leaves for school on the bus, when daddy leaves for work, or random people at the store. He loves to climb on things and he's getting so brave. I love how he shakes his head yes or no to most everything I ask him. Im so in love with that little boy. 17 months is such a fun age. 

Today was just good. So many cute things I could write that my boys said or did. I just love them. Im trying hard to see their nuisances as phases and be patient in teaching them. Today Cade asked if he could pretend to go to army work and walk to the next door neighbor's tree. He kissed and hugged Ryan 'just like daddy' and walked out with his gun. 




 Then Ryan joined him and they hunted for pigs. 





Notice Cade's paper sticking out of his pocket. He's always got some type of 'army work' he's carrying around with him. Either a cut out of an army newspaper or his own drawing of a ship or helicopter. 4 is such an awesome age. For what a hard toddler he was, he sure is turning into such a good kid. All those things 2 years ago he wouldn't do...eat his food, go to bed, follow directions, help out, brush his teeth, use the bathroom, be reasonable hah...he's now doing and its so nice!! He is so fun and he cracks me up with the things he says and does. 

Cade whenever you read this, I love you. Those words almost seem too simple to capture all that is in my heart for you. You are such a special boy and I hope you always feel God's love for you in your life. Never hide your light. You have so much to share. 

Much love, 
Em





No comments:

Post a Comment