The Timothys

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Day 6: Our Daily Routine

Ive been loving our schedule since Cade started school. On the good days we wake up around 6:30 -6:45, say prayer, eat breakfast, devotional while they eat (just a scripture I have up on the frig for them to learn, or read a couple verses from the scriptures, or a thought if Im feeling ambitious), get dressed, make beds, brush teeth and hair and walk to the bus stop. On the 'bad' days I let him sleep in as much as I can, 7:20, then rush through all the above stuff missing devotional and making beds. We have a couple friends who also are there at the bus stop too and it is fun to get to see them every morning. I love how it gets me up and moving for the day. 

After the bus comes, Ryan, Levi and I go on a walk with a friend who is there at the bus stop and sometimes other friends join us along the way. We have stopped at the playground and we let the kids play. It didn't think walking in the morning and talking to other moms would make such a big difference for me as it has. I look forward to it everyday and even being sick ive still walked around the block just to get going. 

Then we come home and usually we have somewhere to go...Mon or Wed Walmart, Tues Commissary, Friday Story Time at the library for Ry Ry. So we will try to do Ryans school before if theres time. Then after our errand we will eat lunch or a snack depends on the day and then head to pick up Cade at the bus stop.  Then lunch, I put Levi to bed while the boys watch a little show, then its their time for quiet time. That glorious hour where they are in their rooms playing with toys quietly by themselves and I get to lay down and take a nap. It definitely took sometime to get them there but we are in such a good spot now that Cade is quiet and stays in his room, Levi sleeps a good 3 hours, and Ryan is such a quiet player and I think he really needs and likes playing alone for some time. 

Since we have all been sick, all the boys have been taking naps lately, even Cade. Its been so nice. Today I had a much needed 2 hour nap and I felt better when I woke up. Then we pulled our bikes, bubbles, chalk, and toys out to our front yard and played with our neighbor. They have a cute little 2 year old girl and the boys love her. It was warm but there was a nice breeze and my friend Sam and I just sat in the chairs in the shade talking. 

Bath, dinner, Brice home (around 615 these days), playing with Daddy, Levi to bed, boys watch a little show and have a little snack before bed. Teeth, books, singing and scratching backs, goodnights, and love waves. Cade always needs his yellow "dede" (blanket) and green blanket. He sleeps in the playroom on the little bed because the boys keep each other up still and Ryan needs his gray bear, his night light on, door open, and bathroom hall light on. 

Now I have two hours to relax, spend time with Brice, and maybe get something done. Clean up dinner, fold laundry, clean up, anything extra. Tonight though Im going to take a relaxing shower and have a little pampering. Yes Im definitely going to do that! :)

Much love, 
Em

2 comments: